The next submission window for all submissions (both the supplement and the rest of the Special Issue) will open on 1 March and close at midnight on 1 May.
The Special Issue and supplement will be launched in early September 2019.
The theme for the special issue is Language, Landscape and Migration.
Please send up to three poems, along with a short biographical note (max 60 words), to email@example.com. Work should be unpublished.
Poems to be no longer than 40 lines.
Please send your poems both as a single attachment (.doc, .docx, .txt or .rtf) and in the body of the email.
Contributors will receive one copy of the magazine.
Supplement Submission Guidelines
The criteria for submitting to be published as part of the special issue supplement are as follows:
- The writing group or individual submitting should be based in Galway City or County.
- The work of the writing group or individual submitting should be under-represented in existing media – i.e. not widely published elsewhere.
If you do not meet the above criteria, simply submit for the main issue as per the General Guidelines.
- Submissions should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each submitter can send up to 3 poems OR up to two pieces of short fiction/memoir.
- A short bio (max 60 words) should be included in the body of the email.
- All submitted work should be unpublished.
- Poems should be sent as a single attachment (.doc, .docx, .txt or .rtf) and in the body of the email. Fiction/memoir should be sent as an attachment (one document).
- All submissions must fit within the Galway 2020 themes of Language, Landscape and Migration.
- Poetry should be no more than 40 lines in length.
- Memoir and short fiction pieces should be between 500-700 words in length.
- While groups participating in the project are assured of getting some of their work published, not all work submitted can be selected. The final decision on which work is to be included in the Special Issue supplement will be made by the Skylight 47 editors after reviewing all submissions.
- The name of the writing group that participated in the project should be included in the email’s Subject header: for example – Galway Writing Club: Poetry Submission. Each writing group member can submit individually by email, but the name of their group must be included as per this guideline.